13 Nov “Best Agriculture Websites” 30 Days of AgTechTalk 13/30
“Best Agriculture Websites” 30 Days of AgTechTalk 13/30
By Chad Colby
Here’s a list of the most common agriculture websites, info taken from each of their websites.
- United States Department of Agriculture ~ Mission Statement, to provide leadership on food, agriculture, natural resources, rural development, nutrition, and related issues based on sound public policy, the best available science, and efficient management.
- This Week In Agribusiness ~ Weekly program featuring the latest in Agriculture with hosts Max Armstrong and Orion Orion Samuelson.
- Farm Progress Companies ~ Farm Progress, a business unit of Penton, is the largest most diversified agriculture information business in North America. Through a robust network of live events, digital products, data, marketing services, broadcasting and publications, Farm Progress is connected to 2 million U.S. farm and ranch decision makers, influencers and key animal agriculture agribusiness people, and the top 85% of the nation’s annual agricultural gross domestic product. The company’s 17 state and regional farm publications offer the nation’s only 48-state coverage of key ag producers with titles that include NEBRASKA FARMER in Nebraska and PRAIRIE FARMER in Illinois and DELTA FARM PRESS in the Mid-South region. The company also publishes FARM FUTURES, the leading nationally circulated magazine for high-volume producers; FEEDSTUFFS, the news resource for animal agriculture, CORN + SOYBEAN DIGEST, FARM INDUSTRY NEWS, BEEF, BEEF VET, NATIONAL HOG FARMER and HAY & FORAGE GROWER.
- Farm Journal Media ~ Farm Journal Media includes its 138-year-old flagship magazine, Farm Journal, along with Top Producer, Beef Today, Dairy Today and Implement & Tractor. Farm Journal TV includes “AgDay” and “U.S. Farm Report” television programs. The company’s Internet sites include www.agweb.com, www.MyMachinery.com and www.Cattle-Exchange.com. Farm Journal Media also publishes the Pro Farmer family of newsletters, produces numerous live events, offers custom publishing services and provides extensive database services.
- Agriculture.com ~ online home to Successful Farming.
- Complete List of State Departments of Agriculture ~ Great resource to get to all Departments of Agriculture.
- American Farm Bureau Federation ~ is the unified national voice of agriculture, working through our grassroots organizations to enhance and strengthen the lives of rural Americans and to build strong, prosperous agricultural communities.
- National Corn Growers Association ~ will remain the preeminent voice representing the needs of the nation’s corn growers. We will maximize opportunities for the corn industry to meet growing domestic and global market demand while increasing corn farmers’ environmental and economic sustainability. At the same time, we will advocate for policies that retain viable risk management tools, encourage science-based regulations, foster a positive public perception of production agriculture and create additional opportunities to expand the uses and efficiencies of corn.. List of State Associations
- American Soybean Association ~ For the past 90 years, the American Soybean Association has met the demands of a growing world. The American soybean farmer has a tremendous opportunity to answer the call of agricultural needs throughout the world and ASA is the collective voice of 21,000 U.S. soybean producers. List of State Associations
- National FFA Organization ~ FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.
- Farm Equipment Manufacturers Association ~ shall provide industry leadership to enhance business opportunities and profitability to the Membership by providing a forum for marketing shortline equipment through networking, communications, and technology, and a forum for purchasing materials and services required by the Members.
- AgChat Foundation ~ Empowering farmers and ranchers to connect in communities using social media platforms.
- AgTalk ~ Polite Place to Meet and Talk About Ag.
This is just a very short list, there are MANY other great places for Ag research.
Welcome to the 2014 edition of 30 days of Ag Tech. Follow along with my friend Holly Spangler’s Prairie Farmer blog to connect with other bloggers showcasing an array of 30 Day features.